cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create an Incident or Request from an email

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2023

Hi there,

I have setup the incoming email to route to a particular service request, works fine and the tickets are created.

Some incoming emails though are going to need to be incidents.  I am not sure how to split out emails (the incidents can have particular strings in the subjects) so alerts and the like coming in via email are incidents but the requests coming from some mobile apps are coming in as service requests.

Is there a way to split these out to the different types based on the subject of an email (for example).

Many thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2023

@Ste404 You can only have one email per service management project and one request type associated with that email address.  

With that being said you can use automation to change the issues request type when it is created.  The automation can look for specific summary text and then make the changes.  In order for this to work the request types need to have the same issue type.

Steven Lees-Smith April 11, 2023

Yeh I was messing around in the automation for this but I would need to change a Request to an Incident as they want to leverage Opsgenie also...

Really stuck with this one.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events