Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a service desk queue which shows time since the last comment

Melanie Whyte May 19, 2022

I am looking to create a way that our team can see how long it has been since a service desk agent has commented on a ticket.

I tried to do this by creating custom fields for last commented by, and last comment date/time... I can select these in the queue creation filters, but they are not working.

if that isn't possible, just a way to create a queue which shows the last comment date/time would be great.

Thanks

Screenshot 2022-05-19 at 17.25.26.png

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2022

@Melanie Whyte -

I am assuming when you referring to the agent, you meant the agent who is assigned to the issue.  If so, I would recommend that add an condition to your rule to check if the comment author is the same person as the issue assignee (agent), if so, then update your custom fields as needed.

2022-05-19_9-49-23.png

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Melanie Whyte May 19, 2022

Hi Joseph, thank you for the rapid reply :)

thats not quite what I meant sorry, I didn’t explain very well.

I mean service desk agent (role type) so its essentially a way of checking if its a comment that has been raised by one of our internal team, not a comment by the customer that the last comment date is being pulled from.

or if its simpler, just a way to display the last comment date/time, and who the commenter was.. that would also be fine, its straightforward enough for us to see which our team are.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2022

Ok.  So, all of your internal team members are agents right?  if so, you can expand the conditional check for each one of your members (multiple conditional check with if/else routine) to determine if comments are made to the issue are someone from your internal team.  If it is TRUE, then populate your custom fields.

The drawback of this solution will be that your conditional checks for your team member's names are hard-coded.  Unfortunately, I am not aware of any smart.value that can provide you with user's project role assignment.

If you just want to get the last comment and the comment's author regardless what role the comment author was, then you can just use the rule with Edit Issue action to populate your custom fields with the following smart values -

{{issue.comments.last.body}}  Returns the body of the last comment.

{{issue.comments.last.author.displayName}} Return the name of the person who added the last comment on an issue  

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

Melanie Whyte May 24, 2022

Hi Joseph,

I still cant seem to get it working. 

I have created the 'last commented by' and 'last commented date' custom fields.  I have also created the automation (image below), and i have added the 2 fields to the 'view' screen for the service desk board i am applying the queue to.

However the queue is not pulling through any data. Do you have any idea what I might have wrong here?

Thanks, Melanie

Screenshot 2022-05-24 at 17.21.24.pngScreenshot 2022-05-24 at 17.24.22.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events