Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Issue with reporter as email - Jira API or PowerAutomate connecter

Zain Ali June 20, 2022

Hi,

I am trying to integrate powervirtual agents (bot n ms365) with jira service management.

I am able to create jira tickets via api from info user provides to bot. However, the reporter field requires an account id, but I want to be able to set the reporter field by the email of the user that is creating the issue.

I have also tried the jira connector in power automate and it doesn't have option for reporter.

I can't seem to find a workaround for it, any suggestions you can provide are appreciated.

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issues/#api-rest-api-3-issue-post

Thanks,

Zain

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marini Marini
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2022

Hi @Zain Ali 

I am not familiar with the integration that you are working on. But I am familiar with the REST API that you shared. You do not need to specify the Reporter id. By default, the user that you use to run the REST API will be the reporter of the newly created issue. Here is an example:

curl --request POST --url https://<domain>.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue -u '<user-email>:<api-token>' --data '{"fields": {"summary": "Test the automation","issuetype": {"id": "10002"},"project": {"key": "IP"},"description": {"type": "doc","version": 1,"content": [{"type": "paragraph","content": [{"text": "This is the description.","type": "text"}]}]}}}' --header 'Accept: application/json' --header 'Content-Type: application/json' 

The user that you specified in <user-email> will be the Reporter of the newly created issue. Just make sure the user has Create Issue permission or the customer of your JSM portal.

I hope the above explanation helps!

Regards,

Marini

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders