Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Custom role

Sergio Melo November 17, 2022

How can I create a custom role in Jira Service Desk for users to only view the issue information, except internal comments? Is this possible?

3 answers

2 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2022

@Sergio Melo -

I agreed with what @Mikael Sandberg stated - In JSM, "Internal Comment" can only be view by users who have the agent licenses because he/she will be accessing the issues via the project UI to see the internal comments.

Internal comments mean to be shared by JSM servicedesk team role members.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

2 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2022

If you add the users as request participants they can view the request from the portal and will not see internal comments. If you give the user access to the agent view as a user you cannot hide internal comments from them, they will be able to see those and also add their own comments.

0 votes
Sergio Melo November 22, 2022

I understand, but in my case, I need another solution besides the portal. I have JSM project clients that are users of other JSP projects and have the same UI access. For this reason, I would like to define one role for agent accesses (e.g. Service Desk members) and another role for user accesses (e.g. Jira users, without viewing the internal comments), understand? Do you have a way to build this solution? Or how to create another access screen layout where I can determine the view of these users in parallel with agents?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events