Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting licensed users to customers

Amy Stahl November 29, 2022

Hi all, 

I've inherited an org at a professional services firm. A prior admin set up clients with actual Jira Service Management licenses, as opposed to adding them as "customers" (see screenshot attached). I need to fix this, so that we stop paying for so many JSM licenses. 

What's the best solution? If I remove site access for these client users, will they still be able to access their project portal as customers?

Jira Service Management users v. customers.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2022

@Amy Stahl -

Welcome to the community Amy.

You should be able to access those users accounts via Settings (assuming you have site admin rights) >> Users option.

Click on the specific user name and remove he/she from the user group that you used to grant agent licenses (this is typically the group that you used for Service Desk Team project role).  Once they are removed from the group, they should become the the customers instead of agents for your JSM project.

Afterward, you can validate your total Agents count showing a reduction from your total prior to your above actions.  (Settings >> Billings >> Manage subscription option for JSM)

2022-11-29_21-12-20.png

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Amy Stahl December 1, 2022

That's super helpful, thank you Joseph!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD