Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected Jira Issues - Not finding our Project

Martinbill83 August 24, 2022

We've just recently set up an Object Schema in Insight and as of a few days ago, the Connected Jira Issues search allowed me to search for and find tickets to associate the assets to. Today, nothing regarding our Project is showing up. I had been able to search by our project key and associate the correct ticket, but now that search brings up nothing.

image.png

I'm still very new to Insight, so I'm curious what could have changed to where the search isn't finding my project? Ill note that more than enough ( read as: too many) users have admin on our Atlassian setup, so it's possible something was done accidently. I just want to know where I'd go to rectify the issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2022

@Martinbill83 -

Welcome to the community.  To associate Insight object with your Jira issue, you must have custom fields created in Jira (sourced from Insight).  After the Jira issue's custom field is populated, then you will be able to see it from your Insight object UI against the object which is selected in your Jira custom field.

Yes, having too many "Cooks" in the kitchen (users with Jira admin rights) can very well make the issue worst as configuration (i.e. the custom field sourced and setup against your Insight object got deleted or changed).

You will have to check your system's custom field(s) to identify which of them is/are setup sourced from Insight.  Those fields are associated with the following field data types (For the DC/Server env):

2022-08-24_18-34-28.png

2022-08-24_18-34-17.png

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events