Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect a custom email account not working with IONOS email provider

Otoniel Campos September 13, 2022

Hello

I have an email account at IONOS and I would like to configure "Email Requests" (xxx/jira/servicedesk/projects/CSM/settings/email) option in JIRA Service Management. I go to Connect a custom email account -> Add email + password -> Enter the mail server + protocol + port, and entered the setting for IMAP and POP3 link , I tried all combinations, but still keep getting:

{"errors":[{"errorMessage":"Unfortunately JIRA couldn't connect to the mail server. Here is what the mail server said: \"No login methods supported!\""}],"reasonKey":"Unfortunately JIRA couldn't connect to the mail server. Here is what the mail server said: \"No login methods supported!\"","reasonCode":"400"}

Below is a screenshot. What settings should I use to successfully register this email account?

error_jsm_ionos_imap_pop3.png

2 answers

0 votes
joshii
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 21, 2023

I'm having the same problem, but i figured it out. After fiddling with it for a bit and checking terminal through a simulation, i realized that depending on what type of domain you got (Free, 1GB or Paid, 500GB $30/y), and i got the free one. Now unfortunately, ionos doesn't provide support for most email providors, like outlook, or gmail. HOWEVER, it does seem to work with apple mail. Try using port code 993 or 995 next time. 

-CEO of G4U

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2022

This usually means the imap server doesn't support unencrypted connections.  Try changing the port to 993 for IMAPs

Otoniel Campos September 13, 2022

Thank you for your swift reply.

I tried changing to IMAPs port 993, below is a screenshot, but I still get the same error. Anything else that I can try? I'll contact IONOS as well, but considering that IONOS help center is (https://www.ionos.com/help/email/general-topics/settings-for-your-email-programs-imap-pop3/) and the details come from there then I don't know what else to check.

error_jsm_ionos_imaps.png

Best regards

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD Trial
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events