Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component Lead - use in Automation

Mark Wheeler January 17, 2022

Is it possible to use Component Lead in Automation or in any other way other than around default assignment?

We have numerous different components with experts/gurus (i.e. leads) for a number of the components.  The Component Lead field within Components seems like an idea place to store the name of the expert, which we could pull into a custom field in the issue or as part of automation within the workflow.

Our specific goal is to get the expert to review and approve proposed changes to a Component at a specific point in the workflow. However, I haven't found a way to refer to the value in the Component Lead field based on the value of the Component field.

Any ideas?

1 answer

2 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2022

Component Lead not yet supported - AUT-917 - Components smart value should include description & component lead 

I am wondering if using a cascading custom field might work? It seems if approval is a step in the process maybe incorporating a sub-task would be a good idea?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events