Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Migration Tool Error: Jira Work Management is not available on your cloud site

Evan Smith September 12, 2022

When I attempted to test a project migration to my cloud site a blocking error is that "Jira Work Management is not available on your cloud site". Is this a new requirement? I've never encountered this issue before with any of the other projects I've migrated.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Evan Smith September 13, 2022

For anyone having this issue - I opened a support ticket and they gave me the following solution:

It seems that JCMA 1.7.3 will require a DF to bypass that check for implicit JWM licensing (which seems to be the case here).

Can you add this Dark Feature to your Jira Server and check if JCMA will still error out?

com.atlassian.jira.migration.skip.jwm.in.cloud.preflight.check

For reference:

Ruwan Tharaka October 16, 2022

Hi, will this work for Service management as well? 

0 votes
Dylan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2022

Hi,

The Jira Work Management pre-flight check has been added in v1.7.3 of the Jira Cloud Migration Assistant.

If you have Business Projects or Users and Groups with product access to Jira Core in your Migration plan then you have two options to pass this check successfully.

1. Add Jira Work Management (Formerly Jira Core Cloud) to your destination site to preserve group membership (it is no extra cost) OR
  2. Remove groups that have application access to Jira Core on your Server/DC instance, this is found under Administration settings.

If neither of these is an option for you, please reach out to support.

Why did we add this check?

One of the top error codes we've observed in our monitoring has been permission errors due to missing products such as JWM. If you disable this pre-flight check with the dark feature flag, you will ignore the pre-flight and likely fail after the migration has completed. 

We figured it is better to have this information up front and correct before finding out after.

Here's an example of the migration failure state we're trying to avoid for customers by front loading this in the pre-flight check. 

image.png

0 votes
Manfred Dohmen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 13, 2022

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events