Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing tickets due to inactivity

Tomasz Bis July 12, 2022

Hi all,

What I am trying to do is to close tickets automatically after certain period of time due to inactivity.

How I would like to see this working:

No updates in the ticket for at least 5 days > ticket changes status to 'on hold'.

Another 10 days of inactivity > ticket changes status to 'closed'.

I have built some automation, one for the first 5 days and another one for the next 10 days.

The challenge I have now is various statuses referring to the same thing (various ticket types have various statuses).

For instance, I would like to get the status changed after 5 days to either 'on hold', 'blocked', 'waiting for customer' (that would depend on the work flow).

Same for another 10 days. Ticket status should change to either: 'closed', 'completed', 'resolved'.

The automation I have work only for a single status type rather than all.

In summary it works only for ticket types where status can be changed to 'on hold', but it fails if that status is unavailable, but instead we have 'blocked' for instance.

I am going to add some screenshots to show what I am using trying to achieve this.

What I would like to find out is, how to set automation to change ticket status to whatever is available in that ticket type(whatever the ticket type is), for instance 'closed', 'resolved', 'completed'.

When I am trying to add them all together, it just doesn't work:(
Many Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Tomasz Bis July 12, 2022

Screenshots attached

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNGCapture4.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD