Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Clone a Service Desktop Project?

We are looking for the ability to clone a current Service Desk project to deploy new Service Desks from. Does anyone know if this capability is present yet?

Also, does anyone know fi we can actually create a new template to deploy from?

It seems that neither of these are possible in the cloud version (or server version).

Does anyone know of a 3rd party app that might provide this functionality?

Thanks

JD

1 comment

@jd_brooks 

You can create a new project with the shared settings of the project you want to clone, wouldn't that be the case?

The new project will assume field, screen, workflow and permission schemes settings.

Do you think of anything other than that?

This is not what i am looking for. i am looking for the ability to clone a project (with nothing shared).

I want a completely independent project, but with the exact content as the original with no dependencies on the original. The problem with the "shared settings" is that if you change something, the change is propagated to the others. i need complete independence, but just a copy of the original.

is there a way to create a project with shared settings, then go back and un-share them? That would probably provide what i am looking for.

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

201 views 0 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you