Clone a Service Desktop Project?

jd_brooks April 11, 2022

We are looking for the ability to clone a current Service Desk project to deploy new Service Desks from. Does anyone know if this capability is present yet?

Also, does anyone know fi we can actually create a new template to deploy from?

It seems that neither of these are possible in the cloud version (or server version).

Does anyone know of a 3rd party app that might provide this functionality?

Thanks

JD

1 comment

Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2022

@jd_brooks 

You can create a new project with the shared settings of the project you want to clone, wouldn't that be the case?

The new project will assume field, screen, workflow and permission schemes settings.

Do you think of anything other than that?

jd_brooks April 12, 2022

This is not what i am looking for. i am looking for the ability to clone a project (with nothing shared).

I want a completely independent project, but with the exact content as the original with no dependencies on the original. The problem with the "shared settings" is that if you change something, the change is propagated to the others. i need complete independence, but just a copy of the original.

is there a way to create a project with shared settings, then go back and un-share them? That would probably provide what i am looking for.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events