Change priority from queue?

Mariano Gedisman May 20, 2022

I'm not sure if this was possible in Jira Server and it's not on Cloud, but is it possible to change the priority directly from the queue?

Sometimes I find myself having to raise the priority on some ticket, and because of urgency, I would like to do it directly from the queue, and not having to access the ticket, etc (Jira Cloud can sometimes be extremely lazy).

Let me know!

Screenshot 2022-05-20 at 22.58.48.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2022

@Mariano Gedisman -

Unfortunately, you cannot bulk change the Priority field within a queue.  Here are the activities that you can conduct via a bulk route (see image below) after you select the issues by using the checkbox associated to each issue.

2022-05-20_17-22-56.png

However, you can use the same JQL that you setup against your queue and use it via a search issues (via Advanced issue search found under the Filters menu), then you can conduct a bulk change via the search results UI to update the Priority field assignment -

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/edit-multiple-issues-at-the-same-time/

To obtain the JQL that you use in the queue, click on EDIT Queue option.  You can then click on "Switch to JQL" button to see the JQL that is used.  IMPORTANT, when you copied the JQL statement and conduct your issue search via Advance issue search option, you need to prefix the JQL with the following "Project = "your project key"".  This way it will only look get the issues from your specific project.

2022-05-20_17-29-49.png

Hope this helps you.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Mariano Gedisman May 27, 2022

Hello @Joseph Chung Yin ! Thanks for your reply. 

I am not looking to bulk change them. Simply change them from the queue.  

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2022

@Mariano Gedisman -

Unfortunately, you cannot do it in the queue regardless Server/Cloud.  You will need to change the priority by accessing the issue directly.

Best, Joseph

Like Mariano Gedisman likes this
Mariano Gedisman May 31, 2022

I see @Joseph Chung Yin

will have to wait and see if anyone opens a feature request for this!

Thanks anyway!

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 31, 2022

@Mariano Gedisman -

Please click on Accept Answer if my reply helped you on your question.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events