Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change main menu of Jira service management

Aleksandr Ganiyev March 26, 2023

Hello everyone,

I have a question - can i change main menu of jira service management and add new type of global ticket.

I want to do something like that in main menu:

Queues

Incidents

Problems

Changes 

New server registration

Security revision of all system

Global tasks

Now i have this standard menu:

Menu.png

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2023

Hi @Aleksandr Ganiyev,

No, you cannot add additional navigation items there. The options you see there are built-in features that you can toggle on / off in Project Settings > Features.

The items you are listing as things you would like to add seem to be at a different hierarchy level in your Service Desk setup.New Server Registration and Security Revision of All Systems seem to be service requests. If you 'd ask me, I would probably set them up as Request Types under the Service Requests category and create a form for that via Project Settings > Request Types.

Global tasks feel more like a grouping of certain other request types. You may want to consider adding that as a Portal Group. You can set these up in Project settings > Portal Settings > Portal groups.

Finally, if you want to add direct links to the sidebar navigation, you can do so with the option Add shortcut near the bottom left of your screen. Such shortcuts can go to any web address, but will be displayed in the shortcuts section, not near the top of the navigation bar. Be aware that the navigation sidebar is not available to customers accessing your service desk via the portal though; this will only be useful for service desk agents.

Hope this helps!

Aleksandr Ganiyev March 26, 2023

Hi @Walter Buggenhout ,

Very thanks for explanation about this.

I will take it into account.

Thanks.

Like Walter Buggenhout likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD