Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change author of issue doesn't work

Tim Schulz March 21, 2022

Due to an issue in the issue collector (that's another topic), the created issues are always assigned to the default author.

I tried to change the author to the correct one, which seemed to work, but in fact it doesn't.

The default customer is called dummy. As you can see, the author is (seemingly) set to "test".

Unbenannt.png

But in fact the user doesn't get any updates. I tried to add a comment - the user doesn't receive an email.

Then I checked the helpdesk for the user. When the user is the author, he should see his issue, shouldn't he?

Unbenannt.png

In fact there is only an issue, which I created using that interface. But number 10 is not visible.

Any idea, what's wrong here? How can I change the author, so that the customer gets the updates and can participate (by addings comments)?

Jira Core is version 8.21.1

Jira Service Management is version 4.21.1

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2022

@Tim Schulz When an issue is created through an issue collector it will not have a request type assigned to it  You will need to first add a request type to the issue.  Once it has a request type emails will go out.  If it does not have a request type then no emails will be sent.  It is most likely not showing up in your filter because it is missing a request type.  You should be able to select the author if the user exists in your service desk as customer.

Tim Schulz March 22, 2022

Thank you!

For everyone reading this:

I set up an automation rule which reads the label of a newly created issue and sets the correct issue type.

Since the issue collector adds an unique label, it's processable.

Like Brant Schroeder likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events