cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Customer in a ticket

J Rogel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 24, 2024

We are using a Service Management board and slowly getting our customers to raise their own tickets. In the meantime, when we raise one we can use the “create on behalf” field to assign the correct customer. Unfortunately if this is not done, the ticket assumes that the customer is the agent creating the request. Is there a way to modify the “Customer” field after a ticket ua created so the agent can communicate with the rightful requester via Jira (rather than revert to email for example). Your help is appreciated. 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2024

Hi @J Rogel  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Just change the Reporter for the ticket. 

J Rogel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 24, 2024

Doh! Seems like the obvious place and it works. 

I would have liked the "Reporter" to be different from the "Customer" but it is more important at this stage to communicate with the correct person. Thanks John! 

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2024

You are welcome. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events