Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card Colors

Dorothy Callahan June 8, 2023

Hi all,

Is there an automation logic I can use that will update card color based on value of custom field?  Custom field condition seems to be the blocker for automation here.

Thanks,

Dorothy

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2023

Hi @Dorothy Callahan - Unless I'm misunderstanding the requirement, you can use the JQL option for card color.  No automation necessary.

It could be me so...if I have an issue with custom field not valued, the current color remains.  If I add a value to the custom field, I want it to update card color.  I would love to change it using the below board settings however the fields are limited.

Jira Card Color 20230608.PNG

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2023

If you use the Queries option, you will be able to get a lot of flexibility in how they are colored.

Like Trudy Claspill likes this

Ok.  Thanks.  I will research how to use queries option.  I'm familiar with filters but not queries.  Queries seem to be a search function versus an update to card colors but I will dig deeper

Like Mark Segall likes this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2023

Queries and Filters are the same thing.

Using the Queries option you would create multiple filters, each one selecting a group of cards that you want to make a particular color.

Screen Shot 2023-06-08 at 9.12.52 AM.png

In this case all issues on the board that are of type Task will be colored orange, and all issues of type Story will be colored red.

Note that the card color will be set based on the first query/filter it matches, from top to bottom in the list of queries.

Dorothy Callahan June 9, 2023

Thank you both!  It was so obvious!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders