Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you raise a change request through a JSM project which will link to a centralised project

Will Dewfield June 10, 2024

The question in better detail - I have a JSM Project that I have created with multiple request types available; i have an issue where instead of wanting to raise multiple change requests per customer due to sometimes we may need to raise a cross customer change which effects all and instead of raising it in each individual customer portal can I link all change requests to an internal project which is used just for change requests but still raised from the JSM? If not does anyone have another idea on how I can get around this! Thanks in advance 

2 answers

0 votes
Mohammed Aamer Khan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2024

Hi @Will Dewfield

If my understanding is correct you wants to raise change request from JSM project but want them to be created in their respective/ Client oriented projects.

Answer:- We don't have any option to add any project's change request into any other project

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2024

Hi Will - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I am not sure that I completely follow. But yes, you could have a single project with multiple requests types, and based on the request type used, you could clone the issue into another project, or create a new issue in the other project. And of course, you can link them together. 

So I can raise one request and link this to all customer projects in order to not have to raise them or clone them multiple times ? 

Thanks for the reply!!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2024

A request is an issue in the system. An issue only resides in a single project. If you create other issues, they can be linked to each other. 

I don't think that is what you are asking but I am not following. 

Can you give a step-by-step use case? Which I do this, I want this to happen (or I want to see this) ....

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events