Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get Burndown Chart to work properly

Mayid Charif Medina
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 21, 2023

I'm unable to get the burndown chart to work correctly, there is no burndown being tracked despite issues being completed. I've looked through countless resolutions on the community pages and made sure to set up everything correctly, but I still don't know what the issue is. Stories are estimated, estimation by story points is enabled, "done" column is furthest to the right on the board. 

• Burndown chart not burning down: 
  • Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 10.25.13 AM.png
  • Issues have story point estimation: 

Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 10.23.05 AM.png

• The further most column is the Done:

Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 10.22.09 AM.png

• The char still does not reflect any "burndown" 

Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 10.22.35 AM.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2023

Hello @Mayid Charif Medina 

Per this image you provided

Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 1.33.12 PM.png

...you still have 89 story points to complete (58 +31) in the sprint. Looking at the burndown chart it seems to me like the red line mark for "Today" is pretty close to 89.

Each downward movement of the red line indicates either a completed story or a reduction in a story point value. You should be able to look farther down on the Sprint Burndown report to see the history of issues being completed and scope being changed. If you hover over the dots showing along the line that will also show you the changes that each one represents.

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2023

Hi @Mayid Charif Medina,

Try also our Great Gadgets app.  It offer many gadgets, including  Sprint Burnup / Burndown and Release Burnup / Burndown charts.  

image.png

image.png

The gadgets are highly configurable, support any time of estimation fields and can include sub-tasks. 

If you have questions, please contact us at support@stonikbyte.com.

Regards,

Danut M.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events