Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can some one will help me out what is the main use of "Share Settings with an existing Project"

Sreenadh November 23, 2022

Hi,

Can some one will help me out what is the main use of "Share Settings with an existing Project"

If i check and create a New project then how it will work?

will get all the configurations for Newly created project1.PNG

Thanks,

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2022

Hi Sreenadh,

It will create the project using the same Schemes used by the existing project. It other words the two projects will share the Workflow Scheme, Issue Type Scheme, etc. 

But it will not create the same project roles or copy the people from the existing project to the new project - basically, just the schemes. 

Sreenadh November 23, 2022

@John Funk 

Thanks for the response..!!

My question is if i create the project by using the "Share Settings with an existing Project" then we can get the configuration changes from one project to another project.

Please help me out is it possible ?

Thanks,

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2022

That depends on what you mean by "configuration changes". If you mean that you change the shared scheme on one project will it automatically be changed on the other project? If that's the question, then yes it will. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events