Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not Pause SLA When Customer Commented

gamze January 14, 2022

I have a different workflow than Jira provided by default. It is not switching between Waiting for Customer and Waiting for Support when issue is commented. I want an SLA that counts the time when the action is on customer. I can pause it when the status is Waiting for Customer but there is no option to pause it when "Comment: by Customer". Is there a way to do it?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2022

Hi @gamze , welcome to the community.

So there are number things in your post here and I will attempt to unwind them a bit if you will bear with me.

It is not switching between Waiting for Customer and Waiting for Support when issue is commented.

this is controlled by Automation and is independent from SLAs. Check your automation and go to the library and you should find a rule for updating the status based on a comment. You can start with this and modify it to meet your exact needs.

I want an SLA that counts the time when the action is on customer. I can pause it when the status is Waiting for Customer but there is no option to pause it when "Comment: by Customer".

i'm not exactly sure why you would want an SLA on this specifically but maybe you were planning to use it to close or otherwise take an action on an issue that has been waiting for the customer for some period of time. Is that your end goal? If so again there is an automation that can be leveraged to take action based on a non-responsive customer.  In any event could you please elaborate a bit on exactly what this SLA is all about when do you want to start it when do you wanna posit and when do you want to stop it?

gamze January 14, 2022

I want to calculate the time spent when the issue waiting for the customer. For example, if a comment is added for customer, I want to start the timer and when the customer replies back stop it. I want to do this for our reports.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2022

So your SLA should (I think) look something like this...

start - enters Waiting for customer status

pause - none

stop - enters Waiting on support status

the above assumes you get your automation set up to move the issue to the Waiting for customer when you respond to the customer and back to Waiting for support when the customer comments.

gamze January 14, 2022

As I expressed first, my workflow is not like that and do not want to change it. Can you just let me know if there is way to add "Comment: by Customer" to the pause section?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2022

No there is not. I can only suggest that you rethink your workflow. I have to think that you can achieve your goal but it's hard for me to say without seeing firsthand your configuration set up.

1 vote
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 16, 2022

Hi @gamze 

You can try using the automation rule which will move the ticket to the status you need if the customer added a comment.

Also, you can consider a third-party solution like SLA Time and Report (developed by my team).

It allows using comments as conditions for start, stop, pause or reset of SLA timer. 

2022-01-16_21-53-15.jpg

In your case you can set "comment from reporter" (customer) for stop of SLA timer.

This app can track SLA for tickets from JSM and issues from Jira Software

Hope this information will be helpful for you

gamze January 17, 2022

It seems the plugin is doing what I am looking for..

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events