Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the status if some one add a comment to the issue?

Anudeep G December 22, 2017

How can I change the status of the JIRA Service Desk ticket from 'Pending Customer Response' to 'In Progress' automatically, if the customer adds a comment. And the status should not change if a Assignee add a comment. I mean status should only change if a reporter add a comment.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2017

Hi Anudeep

In the SLA Automation add in a trigger for Comment added.  Then choose for "public comment" .

Hope that helps

Susan

Catrine Lundström August 7, 2020

Hi,

Old thread but I give it a shot:

If comment is public does not indicate if the comment is made by Reporter or Assigne. Is there some other way to distinguish that?

BR

Catrine

Juan Pablo Schiemann March 26, 2021

Add an "advanced compare condition" and verify {{comment.author}} equals {{reporter}} or similar condition.

Catrine Lundström March 28, 2021

Is that possible in Legacy Automation?

1 vote
Bryan Trummer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2017

Take a look here at setting up your own customization rule for transitioning on a comment.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/automating-your-service-desk-732528900.html

0 votes
Ryan Superty December 31, 2019

test

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events