Can no longer create Team Managed Projects?

Matt Harford July 18, 2022

Hi Everyone, 

My team noticed today that there is no longer an option to select Team managed when creating a new project. I don't see anything noting this in the Atlassian cloud blog. Anyone know what's going on?

1 comment

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2022

Hi @Matt Harford

I suggest you  contact your sys admins and confirm with them whether the feature has been disabled for normal users. Link: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Disable-team-managed-project/qaq-p/1680083

Regards,

Fabian

Like # people like this
Matt Harford July 18, 2022

Thanks - I am a system admin. It looks like someone has removed this entirely, but there is nothing in the audit log to show that this change was made. This is bizarre...

Like Fabian Lim likes this
Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2022

If you find out how anyone from your team was able to completely disable the Team Managed project option - even for Sys Admins - please share! I'd be keen to replicate this :)

CCM

Matt Harford July 22, 2022

Thanks Everyone - it turns out, the templates were changed and so options that used to exist for certain templates didn't exist anymore. It wasn't a permissions problem, as Administrators always have permissions to create team managed projects. 

It took a few support tickets to get this figured out, but it makes sense now. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events