Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i make some changes in a filter whitout being a filter owner?

Cesar Bastos October 10, 2022

I had to change the filter owner for me to make some changes in collums.

Is there any way to do this kind of modification without changing the filter owner? 

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2022

@Cesar Bastos -

Beside on what @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ / @Mark Segall information, One will need to be the filter owner or be granted with Editor right to the filter to make any modification.

Can you provide with the error message screen shot in regards to your "could not do a column change" for clarification?

Remember one will need to re-execute the modified filter (JQL) to make the changes into effect + save the filter again.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2022

Hi @Cesar Bastos ,

You can't make any changes to that filter. However you can save it as something else, and then make any changes you want. You will be the owner of the new filter.

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2022

And what @Mark Segall said :)

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2022

Hi @Cesar Bastos - Yes as long as you've been granted edit permissions by the filter owner.

Cesar Bastos October 10, 2022

Even with that permission i could not do a collum change. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events