Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a requester of a ticket be an approver of the request or ticket?

marvene August 25, 2022

Can a requester of a ticket be an approver of the request or ticket?

4 answers

3 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

@marvene -

Based on what you provided to other community leaders, this can be possible via Automation for Jira rule setup.  The question will be that if the person (team leader) can submit other type of requests that don't required approval?  

If you can determine that question, then you may be able to setup or identify a unique request type which you can use in the automation rule setup where if she is the reporter, then edit the issue automatically and set the approver to her.

Here are a few links regarding to Automation for Jira -

Jira Cloud automation | Cloud automation Cloud | Atlassian Support

What are smart values? | Cloud automation Cloud | Atlassian Support

Hope this gives some ideas for you to try.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

1 vote
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

Hi @marvene 

Technically yes. Everything depend what you can achieve.

Regards,

Seba

marvene August 25, 2022

Can you show me how to do that? What are the steps or procedures to do in order for the same person to be a requester and approver?

1 vote
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2022

Hi @marvene ,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I believe it is possible, I'm not aware of such limitation.

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2022

But it doesn't make much sense to me. Maybe would you share more details of your use case? Thank you.

marvene August 25, 2022

Here is the scenario.

She is the team leader of the team.

She sends the IT request with regards to the access of her team member. 

The request form mentioned that she is the requester and also the approver of the request.

Sample: On the ticket will appear, [Waiting for approval] Ticket IT-10

Before the IT team can process the request, she (the approver) needs to approve the IT request before IT team can work on the request. Does it make sense?

0 votes
Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 26, 2022

Hi, @marvene !

You can achieve this goal with Business Process Manager add-on. My team has developed plug-in to build business processes inside Jira using approvals, conditions and other options. 

So, your team lead can create a Template of a process, vacation request, for example 

image.png

And then she should add herself to the approval order

image.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders