Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Viewer open a service desk ticket?

cpatel March 18, 2022

Hi All,

I just assigned few users in my org as Viewer role.  They can get to service desk, login and all but cannot submit ticket.  They get msg Couldn't send request. (Screen shot is attached)MicrosoftTeams-image.png You do not have permission to create requests using this portal.

Please advise.

Thank you,

4 answers

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2022

@cpatel -

In JSM, users who can submit issues must be associated with "Service Desk Customers" project role.  If they are not, then they will not be allow to create issue.

If this is not the case, then please provide more details on your ask, so I can conduct further analysis.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2022

Hi @cpatel 

You want unlicensed users who are to raise tickets to be customers.

You can learn more about how to create customers here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/add-a-customer-to-a-service-project/

You can also see options for customer permissions on this page: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/how-global-permissions-affect-project-permissions/

I'd give these instructions a look first. If still not resolved, let us know some more details so we can investigate further :)

Ste

0 votes
Sherif Hikal March 18, 2022

I'm afraid, to tell you, unfortunately, it seems like you don't have the credentials, access,

authority or it could be something simple such privacy policy need to be updated.

I mean the possibilities are a whole host of things.  In order to pinpoint exactly which one caused this freezing access the site. frankly, I might need a little bit more information in order to further assist you. However, If I were you8 for now try to use the process of elimination.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 18, 2022

Are they listed as customers in the project? Are they licensed as JSW users?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events