Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can SharePoint and Jira's knowledge base be connected?

I am wondering if it is possible to have an integration between a SharePoint site and the Jira Service Management knowledge base in Confluence for my project. My goal is the following: when a user is creating a new issue ticket (for example, using the portal) and types a word into the summary box, I want to be able to see suggestions related to the words typed in the summary box from the SharePoint site. So, for example, let's say a user is creating a ticket and they type into the summary box "intercom in room 1 is not working". When they type this, I want related documents from the SharePoint site to be recommended to the user so that before they submit the ticket, they can see if one of the documents from the SharePoint site is useful and can solve the problem. That way, people can solve their problems before submitting a ticket thanks to the fact that key words in issue creations trigger information on the SharePoint to show up as recommendations for solutions to the problem. If this is at all possible or anyone has any tips/ideas related to this topic, please let me know. Thank you in advance!

Upon further research into this, I discovered the app "SharePoint Connector for Confluence". Before I go ahead and pay to use this, does anyone know if this app would work for my problem. Thanks again!

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Jul 21, 2021

@Ashley Newman Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Integrating SharePoint with the recommended search is not currently possible. You can only use Confluence as your integrated knowledge base at this time.  

The SharePoint connector app syncs Confluence content into SharePoint so I do not believe it is what you are looking for.

I would suggest getting Confluence and adding your knowledge base articles there in order to take advantage of the feature you are explaining above.

Hello @Ashley Newman,

thank you for your question.

With our SharePoint Connector for Confluence it is possible to embed SharePoint content (Documents and lists) into Confluence pages and therefore also into knowledge base articles. The automatic knowledge base search function in Jira Service Management will only search for text and labels in the knowledge base itself, but not within embedded SharePoint content. A possible workaround would be to add the title of the document(s) and a few key words or labels into the knowledge base article. This way the search will also suggest this knowledge base article with the embedded document(s).

If you have further questions or support requests you can also contact our support directly.

Kind regards,

Franz
Communardo Support

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Atlympic Event: Jira Service Managemnt

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

173 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you