Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can JSU Automation Suite for Jira Workflows be used with team-managed projects?

Stephanie Morrison
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 17, 2022

I've been taking a look at the JSU Automation Suite for Jira Workflows app and from the documentation, it seems like it can only be used with a company-managed project. 

Can it also be used for team-managed projects? 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2022

@Stephanie Morrison -

Welcome to the community.  In Team Managed Projects, JSU will not work for you based on what I know of.  It is because WFs associated with TMP type project, one cannot add custom validation/conditions/post-functions against transitions.  You can only use "Rules" provided within the WFs.

Example - TMP WF's

2022-05-17_10-33-52.png

On the other hand - CMP WF's - You can add conditions/validators/post functions

2022-05-17_10-35-26.png

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Stephanie Morrison
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 17, 2022

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin 

Thanks for this, that does help. In testing the Rules, it looks like it will do about 90% of what we want, so it should meet our needs. I didn't want to go too far down the JSU Automation path if team-managed projects would be a limitation and it sounds like that's the case. 

Thanks for your help!

Stephanie

1 vote
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2022

Hi @Stephanie Morrison and welcome to the community!

It depends upon what you're trying to do.  It is possible to do a lot of things with automation for team-managed projects (especially at the project level).  However, if you're trying to have automations that span across company/team-managed projects you may run into a few pain points.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events