Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can JIRA Software users be assigned tasks from Jira Service Management?

Tánczos Huba April 29, 2022

Greetings,

We are planning to introduce JIRA Software+Service Management for company use.

We are planning to use Jira Service Management so receive customer issues and then relay it for our developers who definitely don't need to be agents (take it as level 2, 3 support) .

I would like to ask if the parallel use of Jira Software and Service management would permit us to implement the above model.

Thanks and best wishes,

Huba

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2022

Hello @Tánczos Huba 

Welcome to the community!!

This is implementation is possible.

In my opinion, you will need separate projects in Jira Service Management (JSM) and Jira Software (JS) for this. Once the JSM issue has been identified for the development team, then a linked issue can be created in the JS project enabling the developers to work on it.

Let me know if you have any further queries on this.

Kindly accept the answer if this helps.

Regards,

GG

Tánczos Huba May 2, 2022

Thank you, will look into it.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sam Bartolome
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2022

Hi @Tánczos Huba ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

It is technically possible however you may have to tweak some permissions (Assignable user) .

However the assigned users should have also the Service Team permissions in order to deal with such issues

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2022

Actually, no, it's not directly possible.  Only Service Desk agents can be assigned issues in Service Management projects.  You would have to make all of your developers Agents, and that is expensive...

Like Tánczos Huba likes this
Tánczos Huba May 2, 2022

Thank you for your answer, this is how it looked to me  too.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events