Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use a Jira user group as source for Approval steps in a workflow

Marc Kraak December 7, 2022

We would like to use Jira user groups as source for several approval steps in our workflows. It seems that you can only use custom fields as source or do I miss something.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2022

@Marc Kraak 

You can use these groups in custom fields like "Group Picker". By default, Jira already has a field like this called "Approver groups". This field can contain several groups at the same time. You just need to define the approver group in this field and define this field as source for the approval step of your flow.

If several groups participate in approvals at different stages of your flow, you can combine this with an automation to change the approver group or you can create other fields of the "Group Picker" type and define them in your approval stages

Read more: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management-articles/Announcing-group-approvals-in-Jira-Service-Management/ba-p/1751721

Regards,

Fernando

Marc Kraak December 12, 2022

Thanks Fernando! I thought there would be an easier solution, but this works for me

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events