Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use a JSM project for internal centralised tickets?

Will Dewfield
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 26, 2024

I have a JSM project created for multiple request types, I need to have one request type for only internal viewing and creation, is this possible? If not would it be possible to create an internal change management JSM that will link to the other JSM projects? 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2024

Hi @Will Dewfield , welcome to the community.

If you want to have a request tight dedicated and only visible to a certain group of users, then you should consider using a separate project. The reason for this is that currently all request types will be visible to all customers of a given JSM project. You certainly can link issues between two projects but I'm trying to understand exactly what your requirements or goals are here. 

William Dewfield
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 29, 2024

Thank you for your reply! I would like to have a customer facing portal for request types: Incident/problem/question, but also have a change request that is only raised and seen internally so that we can host all tickets within the same project per customer, if we have a separate project we have them as an internal project, I would like to keep all projects "externally facing" (including the internal CRs)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events