Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I pin an Insight Object field on my screen?

Allison Stewart May 27, 2022

Currently, I can pin certain fields that are important to me but I can't seem to pin any custom fields, especially those that are Insight Objects.

I have custom fields for Category and Sub Category which are both Insight Objects.  I want to pin those to the top of the screen for quick reference.

How do I do this? Is it possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2022

I'm assuming you mean the details section of the agent view. As far as I know, no you cannot pin Insight fields.

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2022

@Allison Stewart -

Which issue screen/view are you referring to?  Can you provide a screenshot or more information, so we can assist you further.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Allison Stewart May 31, 2022

Here's a screenshot...

2022-05-31_14-27-53.png

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 31, 2022

@Allison Stewart -

As far as I know, you can utilize the "Pinned" function when you hover over the field name, then you will see the pin symbol to pin the field.  However, this is done at the user level and not not a system level.  This means that each user can have different pinned fields.

See this link on the pinned functionality - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/pin-a-field-to-the-top-of-an-issue/

I don't know if Atlassian Support has anything new on providing the feature for system admins to configure it for the entire envs for all users.  I would recommend you to contact Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com) directly.

Please let us know what you get back from support on this one.  I am sure others will be interested to know (including myself).

Best, Joseph

Allison Stewart June 1, 2022

Thanks Joseph.  But for these insight object fields, I don't get the hover-over-pin option.  It does not appear to be available.  I was wondering if I was missing something.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2022

I would recommend you to contact Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com) directly to find out if Insight Custom Fields are not supported by the Pinned functionality.

Please do share with us your findings from Atlassian Support.  If you cannot do it, I can submit the ask from my end if needed.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events