Can I pause a servicesd desk service (not delete it) indefinitely?

Paulina Diaz December 12, 2021

My team and I have a service desk but we need to pause the service probably for a few months (we are not sure), is there a possibility to pause it? I tried this: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/How-to-turn-off-Jira-Service-Desk-Customer-Portal/qaq-p/1222216 but I'm still able to submit a request from the portal 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2021

@Paulina Diaz 

We have done this in the past and found the easiest thing to do was to hide the request types.  The portal is still available and users can search the knowledge base but they are unable to submit a request.  If your users are used to submitting a request via email you will have to remove that channel as well.  

You can do hide them by simply removing them from all the groups by unchecking the groups that they are currently assigned to.  For service managed projects you will go to Project Settings > Request types  and then edit the groups on each request type.

capture.jpg

On team managed projects you will have to go to the portal to manage the groups.  This can be done by clicking Raise a request.

1. From your project's sidebar, select Service project settings > Request types.

2. From the sidebar, select the request type you want to delete.

3. Select … Delete request type.

capture2.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events