Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I make Customer Notifications look like standard emails

Damian Finger January 19, 2022

I am wanting my Jira comments to notify our customers and for it to appear like a standard email to our customers. There are 3 items in the Customer Notification I can see that I would like removed. 

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 3.25.31 PM.png

1. The arrow - Can we use our own email servers and make this come from email@domain.com (from Google Workspace). 

2. The Oval - The "Agent Commented:" it looks like this is attached to the variable ${message.content} when the reply should only display "Good afternoon"

3. The entire box - I see in the Customer Template we can edit the HTML code to remove everything except the "Automation for Jira changed the status to Waiting for customer"

1 answer

3 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2022

Hello @Damian Finger,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

It’s possible to customize some details on customer notifications, like the HTML and CSS, but some are hardcoded and can’t be modified.

Note: I see that you upgraded your plan to standard and created a ticket with our support team. Once they enable the option for you to edit the templates, you will be able to follow the steps I mentioned below.

The arrow - Can we use our own email servers and make this come from email@domain.com (from Google Workspace). 

It’s possible to change the email address that sends the notification. For that, you need to verify the domain and configure SPF and DKIM records on your domain.

The Oval - The "Agent Commented:" it looks like this is attached to the variable ${message.content} when the reply should only display "Good afternoon"

The agent’s name comes from the ${event.user.name} variable directly on the “Public comment added” notification. 

Go to Project settings > Customer notifications (company-managed) or Project settings > Notifications > Customer notifications (team-managed) and click to Edit.

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 14.02.48.png 

Here you can remove the variable, but it’s only possible to use the variables available in the Insert variable drop-down, it’s not possible to create custom ones.

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 14.03.47.png

The entire box - I see in the Customer Template we can edit the HTML code to remove everything except the "Automation for Jira changed the status to Waiting for customer"

The "Automation for Jira changed the status to Waiting for customer" comes from the Customer-visible status changed notification. If you change the HTML, it won’t affect this information, unless you edit the notification template and remove ${event.user.name} changed the status to ${request.status}. (follow the same steps I mentioned in your second question).

For more information about the notification template, please check the documentation:

Kind regards,
Angélica

Damian Finger January 20, 2022

Thank you for the information! 

I will work on the Jira Send Email on our behalf. Do you know if there is a way to get rid of this line? 

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 5.20.55 PM.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2022

Hi Damian,

It’s not possible to remove, but by editing the CSS you can hide it.

Please, go to the Templates > CSS and make the modification below:

Original:

.jsd-reply-marker {
    color: #999999;
}

New value:

.jsd-reply-marker {
       display:none
}

This workaround was posted on the feature request below. Please, click on vote for this issue and also watch it to receive updates from our product managers.

Like Alok gupta likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events