Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have one Board for 2 Jira Service Management Projects

Natalie Bateman May 13, 2024

At the moment I have several Service Desk Projects for customers who are part of the same 'group' and for third parties.  

I want to consolidate all the customers who are in the same group to one Service Management Project but then have a separate project for third parties but allow the team to work off the same board.

I found a link to an article to do this for Jira Software but not sure if there is a way to do this for Service Management projects.

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2024

Hi, @Natalie Bateman  👋

I'm not a JSM admin. so take this answer with a grain of salt, but I believe the answer is yes (bc under the covers, JSM is still Jira -- with lots of extras).

Another article, Get Started with Boards (in JSM) should get you on the right track.

Meanwhile, hopefully, a JSM administrator like yourself will chime in a affirm or deny my assumption.

Best,

-dave

P.S. I moved your question to the JSM group and added a couple of add'l tags in hopes of of drawing the right eyes to this.

Natalie Bateman May 13, 2024

Thanks for the reposne Dave, 

I have enable the board on the projects ok, what I want it so be able to see 1 board with both Service Management projects.  

Like • Dave Rosenlund likes this
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2024

You'll need to create a new board, @Natalie Bateman, and adjust the settings (filters) to bring in the issues from both projects.

See the next page (after the one I shared above). You may want to review the other/related pages as well.

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 1.07.42 PM.png

Natalie Bateman May 14, 2024

Thanks Dave - I missed that scrolling to the bottom of the list I could choose a personal board.  

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 13, 2024

Hi @Natalie Bateman

Check this article: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/create-a-board/

It's kind of hidden now. Once you create the board, update the filters accordingly.  

board.png

I hope this helps.

Fabian

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders