Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create additional fields (metadata, name, country, company), with a actual/new project "user"?

ALEJANDRO FRANCISCO HERNANDEZ BELTRAN
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 5, 2024

Good evening Jira Expert team:

Please, can you tell me if when I create a user within a project, metadata fields such as Name, Last Name, Company, Country, etc. can be additionally added to the email, because when I make reports on the cases created by that user, and it is important to consult information, through a field filter, such as those presented above and if this is possible, please, can you send me information about how this configuration is carried out and if I can do it by migrating current information, for example within an Excel to the Jira platform?

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Baker
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 6, 2024

When creating reports, you can filter based on these custom metadata fields. For example, if you want to generate a report on cases created by users from a specific country, you can use the “Country” metadata field as a filter criterion. fidelity Jira’s reporting features allow you to customize columns, group data, and apply filters based on metadata fields. 

ALEJANDRO FRANCISCO HERNANDEZ BELTRAN
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 7, 2024

Good morning Stephen:

Ok, thank you very much for your information, but I would like to know what the procedure is so that I can add metadata to a user's account, such as Country, Company Name, etc.? within JIRA, please, can you send me a web link on how to do it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events