Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create a dashboard with pie chart for all projects based on Statistic Type?

James Childs October 11, 2021

I have a single project dashboard with gadgets reporting on basic data such as the split of issue priority.  Is it possible to configure the same but across multiple projects?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2021

Sure. If you can create filters using either Basic or Advanced JQL then you can apply the filter to your gadgets.

Thanks Jack, I have been exploring the different variations and in some cases using a non-project filter works well.

Unfortunately, some of the gadgets report duplicate items.  For instance, if I want to report on Status value and have the same data in two projects, then the pie chart reports this in two slices rather than aggregated as one.

The underlying JQL is fine and so is the data when extracted to MS Excel.

It just appears to be the pie chart gadget misreading the data.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2021

are you working with TMP or CMP? if CMP I cannot understand how you would see dups. Happy to dig in a bit more if you can provide detailed examples.

Forgive my ignorance but what is TMP and CMP?

I found this: Pie chart shows duplicate values (atlassian.com)

It seems to be the same issue I am experiencing but the link to the closed bug is not quite the same.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 11, 2021

Sorry for the use of TLAs here.

TMP = Team managed project (formerly next-gen)

CMP = Company managed projects (formerly classic)

You can tell what project type you are using by looking in the bottom left-hand corner when looking at the project view.

The reason why this causes a problem with TMP is that the statuses in those projects are unique to that project. Where as CMP the status is at a system level shared across all CMPs.

Like James Childs likes this
James Childs October 12, 2021

Ah, I should have guessed!

In this case, all of the projects are TMP but I do have a plan to move to CMP in the near future.

Based on what you are saying the issues will disappear when I have implemented CMP so good news.

Thanks for your assistance - much appreciated! :-)

1 vote
Mārtiņš Vanags
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2021

@James Childs 

Try exploring eazyBI app for Jira:

https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/dashboards/14871-chart-types

You can create many different reports across multiple projects using eazyBI.

Martins / eazyBI

Thanks Martins, I will take a look.

0 votes
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 30, 2021

Hi @James Childs ,

We provide a commercial app called Dashboard Hub for Jira. Our charts don't show repeated status, no matter the type (team or company managed) of the projects:

Screenshot 2021-10-30 at 10.53.12.png

This app provides pre-defined dashboard templates, more than 60 gadgets, integrations with 10 products... And you can share those dashboards externally in a secure way, like these examples: Agile Team dashboard  or DevOps dashboard.

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events