Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSV Import data Insight

dannica_c July 25, 2022

Hello,

I am trying to import CSV to Insights, e.g. I have an existing Object called "Facility" and "Department", I'm importing the list of Department and their Facility under the "Department" object. If there a way the once I imported the list of Departments, the Facility will get the data from the "Facility" object?

Because when I run the import it just creates a new attribute called a Default Text of "facility" inside the "Department" object instead of referring it to the existing "Facility" object.

2 answers

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2022

Hey @dannica_c ,

In the documentation here (https://confluence.atlassian.com/insightapps/imports-1085188392.html) it states that a referenced field must be identified by its Key to be able to reference it.

However, normally you can map the referenced object by setting the "Object mapping (IQL) " in your import definition.

That allows you to "search" for another object.

eg. : 

image.png

This is mapping the column with header "Endpoint Devices" on to the attribute "Endpoint devices" and thru the object mapping we tell it to look for a reference where the "Name=${Endpoint devices}"

More info about that you can find here:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/create-attributes-and-references-from-your-data/

It will not create the referenced objects at import time but if you first run your initial import and then the import that references the data that should work.

dannica_c July 25, 2022

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans

It works on the first try, as you can see here under "Department" object I used Name=${Facility} dept.JPG

But when I did the same steps under the "Job Role" object and used Name=${Department} the values from the existing "Department" object are not showing

jr.JPG

dannica_c July 25, 2022

@Dirk Ronsmans Do you think that the "locator" is only applicable when the data inside an object was created manually from Insights and will not work if data was import in bulk?

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2022

The locator should work no matter how the data was created.

Good that it worked on the Facility part already so we know it works in general, most likely it's a configuration error then on the Department one.

Is your header also called "Department" ? and is that value in the "Name" attribute?

dannica_c July 26, 2022

Thank you so much, @Dirk Ronsmans ! It works now :)

dannica_c July 26, 2022

I just replaced it from Name=${Department} to Department=${Department} 

0 votes
dannica_c July 25, 2022

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events