Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing confusion in Jira Cloud

Marcel Jünge August 3, 2021

Hi,

i have a question regarding the billing in Jira Cloud:

How are User counted towards billing? 

We have different Projects. For Example: Projects in Jira Service Management and Jira Software.

If i add a user in the project how is he counted? I just dont get it...

Lets say i add a User A in a Service Management Project and additionally in a Software Project. Do i have to pay twice for this user for each project?

And also: Which Project roles are billed? For example: We have Simple User role, Service Desk Team role..WHich role is licensed and which not?

Thank you,

Best regards,

Marcel

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2021

JSW and JSM are separate applications. If you have a user that needs both then you will pay for each license. If the user only uses one then they pay only for that one app. The one exception is if a licensed user of JSW has only browse access (non-agent) in. JSM project there is no additional charge.

So does that mean that if the User is in different Projects in Jira Service Management (For Example IT Service and HR Service) he will only be billed once?

Another question: If i add a group in the project will every person in this group be billed?

Like Orkhan Hasanov likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2021

Billing is not at a project level it is on the application. So if an agent is on 1 or 10 JSM projects that is a single license. 

regarding groups - groups consist of licensed users. Once a person is licensed they can be in as many groups and projects as you like without additional charges.

Ok, now i get it. Thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events