Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practises for ticket automation External <> Internal

Kim Sauder February 8, 2023

Hello JIRA community!

I am hoping to get some guidance on the following, here is what I want to accomplish:

We have the JIRA Service Desk for an external facing customer portal for them to make tickets/issues. Once that is received, I want to be able to automate a duplication/clone onto our Internal development boards. I think I know how to do that, but my main question is whats the best way to manage the internal dialogue from those tickets back to the customer, or is the only option just to manually update the cloned card that is customer facing? Is there a way to trigger a notification for me (admin) that when the internal ticket is updated, it will prompt a notification to update the customer facing card?

Not looking for an end all solution here, fully understand it requires management just looking for some advice from fellow peers in a similar situation and getting information back and forth from developer to customer.

Thanks everyone!

Kim

2 comments

Bhaargavi Natarajan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2023

I think the solution you are looking for, is discussed here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-sync-comments-from-jira-software-and-service-management-tickets-1167831058.html

This comes from this article which discusses collaboration between teams:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/collaboration-between-jira-teams-1167831091.html

Hope this helps!

Like Sam Nadarajan likes this
Kim Sauder February 9, 2023

@Bhaargavi Natarajan ! Yes, that definitely helps. I can use that article but I am missing one step. Is there an article on an automation to clone the Jira Service Desk to the Jira Software board automatically?

Bhaargavi Natarajan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2023
Umer Sohail _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 21, 2023

Hey @Kim Sauder  , thanks for the question. This is Umer, PMM for Backbone Issue Sync for Jira. 

Automatically duplicating/copying issues and comments to and from JSM to internal Jira can be done via some automations, but they can get cumbersome and difficult to manage. 

If you want to automate the process, I'd recommend using an issue sync app like Backbone Issue Sync for Jira. 

Using Backbone, you can sync all JSM tickets to the internal Jira dev boards, along with the comments. You also get full control over which comments to sync in either directions. So if you want to sync only certain internal comments to your JSM portal, that is completely possible, and both uni-directional and bi-directional synchronizations are possible.

In case you're interested in learning more, feel free to schedule a free demo 
or try Backbone for free for the first 30 days!  

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events