Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best app for managing customer purchases and versions?

Russ White January 17, 2022

Hello,

I am looking for an app or JSM add-on that would be able to manage what products our customers have purchased, as well as what version they are currently on. At the moment we are managing this by a spreadsheet, but I find that hard to keep fully up-to-date and there is no integration with JSM. I know I could probably use Confluence for this as well, but I would like to see if there is an app out there that is designed to manage/integrate into our JSM (other than Confluence).

I've done a quick search on the Marketplace for asset management apps and have found a few, but most look they are for tracking physical assets - laptops, tablets, etc. I'm sure there is probably a way to make that work, but I am reaching out here to see if anyone else in the community has had similar needs and what solutions you've come up with.

Thanks in advance!

Russ

2 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2022

so is Premium tier out of the question? If not then this would offer asset management through Insights.

Unfortunately, no. We won't be move to Premium tier anytime soon. 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2022

Hi @Russ White - If you're willing to spend the money on a 3rd party app, you may want to explore upgrading your JSM license to premium.  Agree with Jack that from what you're describing, Insight should be able to handle the job.  

Thank you @Mark Segall 

Unfortunately I can't make that call to jump to Premium, but I can certainly suggest it. I am currently looking at lower cost options in an app though. I think I may try out Asset Management for Jira and see if that will fulfill our needs for now. 

Any experience with that app at all?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events