Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automations conflicting

Danielle David October 13, 2021

We have a few automations, we only started to use Jira in July and have found some of the automation are conflicting with each other.

For example, we created an round-robin automation for the service desk queue.

We have other automations to say if the sender or subject is this assign to another agent queue with the assignee assigned.

We are finding, some tickets are being assigned to the right group, but the round robin automation is assigning to a service desk assignee.

open for suggestions.

We have over 50 automation so combining them is not an option

1 answer

3 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2021

Hi @Danielle David and welcome,

I'm not aware if an app exist for tracking conflicts of Jira Automation. You could search for something in the marketplace. However my advice would be to try and document all your rules. 50 rules are a lot and if no documentation exists this makes it more hard to know what's going on.

My advice would be to look at the general audit log and try to understand what's going on. Which rules are running together. Group them and seek any conflicts. Then try to amend them, merge them, or document them.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2021

Hi @Danielle David -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Yes, and...to what Alex suggests:

I do not believe there is much available yet for management of automation rules.  And these things are "code" in an project/instance-scale solution without source control or a release pipeline.  To me that means I should treat them as such:

• figure out a way to effectively review and test them (e.g. peer review, pairing, etc.)
  • figure out a way to document rules (e.g. export, Confluence, etc.)
  • figure out a way to version control rules (export and store the critical ones in a version-control repo)
  • figure out a way to monitor their health (adjust the alerting for rule errors to email a distribution list, and/or consider sending notifications for *all* errors and not just the first n-count, which is the default I believe)
  • add a few global rules to watch for SLA violations, based upon your license limit.  Just one run-away could use up a site's limits for a month.

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events