Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation: user in an organization

Deleted user March 21, 2022

Hi,

I want to create a rule that only applies to users without an organization. The only criteria I see is "User in an organization" and have to manually add them. Is it possible to apply to all users with or without an organization?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2022

Hi @[deleted] and welcome to the community!

Can you please provide a little more context into what you're trying to do?  When you say "users without an organization" are you meaning that you're trying to create automation against your customers or issues where the organization field has not been set?

Hi @Mark Segall thank you for the quick response.

When a ticket is being issued, I want to add a criteria that IF reporters are not in an organization at all, they get added a label. The only criteria I found is "is in organization" which means that I have to manually add the organizations. Is there a solution to add all the organizations, also to make it future proof so later I don't have to think about adding organizations?

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2022

Would this work?

2022-03-21_07-41-35.png

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2022

Correction on my last post - You would change the condition to Organizations Is Empty.

I have tried that rule before, but it seems like it's applied to the custom field "organizations" but I want to check whether the customer is in an organization 

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2022

Unfortunately, organizations/customers kinda stand out on their own so you won't be able to do what you're trying to do without having some API savvy.  Technically, you could maybe get creative, using the Send Web Request action to hit the API:

/rest/servicedeskapi/servicedesk/{serviceDeskId}/customer

Though, I'm not 100% sure that you can pull organization affiliations from the customer API.

Understood, thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events