Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation template

Emmanuel F-D July 15, 2022

Hi, 

I have created an automation based on the template (Daily Slack summary) but I am trying to find a way when there are no Jira posts that the automation does not publish anything in Slack because when it publishes it makes an empty entry with nothing.

Is it possible to put a condition that checks if there are tickets or not before publishing?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2022

Could you try this condition?

Screen Shot 2022-07-15 at 3.19.25 PM.png

Emmanuel F-D July 20, 2022

@Kian Stack Mumo Systems can you show me a screenshot of the automation rule to be sure that is working because the condition doesnt seem to be working

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2022

This is the rule that I have working. Notice that the audit log shows a value prior to the condition. After I added the condition, the action isn't taken.

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 3.23.02 PM.png

Like Emmanuel F-D likes this
Emmanuel F-D July 21, 2022

@Kian Stack Mumo Systems 

I have the same thing as you for the configuration of the condition, but now I dont see any result even if the lookup issue has found some issues. I think the field "issues.size" is not right field because the condition is never met.

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2022

Try {{lookupIssues.size}}

Emmanuel F-D July 29, 2022

@Kian Stack Mumo Systems  Hi,

is there a way that depending on the ticket created by a client X that I check with a condition for example, if client X then directly tag people/group in slack.

The condition could check the customer name or any other fields in jira and go the right condition branch and mention my team directly in slack.

Because for some clients, I would like to have certain members of my team notified because of the department, language, specific need etc..

is there any way I can achieve something like this?

Thanks

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 8, 2022

@Emmanuel F-D

You can build conditions based on just about any field tracked in Jira. Is there a certain field you use to track which client a ticket is raised for? 

Thanks,

Kian

Emmanuel F-D August 8, 2022

@Kian Stack Mumo Systems maybe with the organization/customer name

the customer field.

Thanks

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 8, 2022

So you would just use the If/Else branching conditions based on that custom field. I'm not quite sure what else you want to know.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events