Automation suggestion for JIRA Server

Raj December 21, 2022

Hey Community,
would like to know what special kind of automation you have added in your project on Jira server/data center.

I have been made project lead of jira and have done few automation but looking for some ideas where automations have improved your overall project so similar we can also plan to introduce.

1 answer

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2022

Hi @Raj 

There are plenty of automations that you can do on Jira Data Centre. It really depends on the business needs. Do you want to elaborate your usage of Jira.

Are you focused on JSM? (looking at the tags).

Few things you can start doing is to route tickets to relevant queues, auto close tickets after few days of inactivity, sync JSM tickets with Jira dev issues, get custom notifications, integrate with your CMDB and many more.

It would be good to know what you are trying to achieve, what is working well and what things you would like to improve.

I hope it helps.

Ravi

Raj December 27, 2022

Hi @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ 
Thank you for your detailed response. Yes i do have one automation in my mind right now.

Task- Whenever overall Open ticket count in our project  Board cross let say 10 ,it should trigger a message in our one of slack channel.

I do have webhook already of channel and have tried various method on project automation but nothing worked. 

Raj January 13, 2023

Hi @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ please let me know if need to provide more information.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events