Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation rule

Aspire Jira January 26, 2024

I have created an automation rule "Transition to Waiting for Customer when support posts a comment" and I have tested this by having a status = Waiting for support.

Tried to add "Reply to customer" but the status didnt change.

Could you please help me in debugging this issue.Rule.jpg

5 comments

Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2024

Hi @Aspire Jira ,

Could you upload the picture with a better resolution, it is not readable.

Thanks 

Rule.jpg

Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2024

Hi @Aspire Jira ,

I think you made a typo in the compare two values.

You typed: {{comment.internal }} with a space at the end. it should be {{comment.internal}}.

Still same issue.Rule.jpg

Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 26, 2024

What does the audit log say?

Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 26, 2024

You should be able to make use of the template: 'When a comment is added → update the status' and remove the the else if.

But your audit log should give you some hints, why nothing happens.

Please check.

audit_log.jpg

Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 26, 2024

So the second condition did not go through, which means that the person who triggered the automation is a customer. Maybe you put yourself in the customer section/added yourself the customer role.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events