Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation rule, occasional unauthorized

Ben Hart May 28, 2024

So I have an automation rule in JSM that makes 3 web requests. Occasionally in this rule, which all three use the same credentials and call to the same base URL, reports back with a 401 Unauthorized.

I'm staring at three audit rule entries, all three performed the first call but hit 401 on the second. I do not have them setup to proceed on failure so that's where it stops. But three back to back entries where the first call was successful. And the second.. again using the same Authorization header, failed.

I am wondering if there are any like, rate limits or.. well anything in JSM automation rules that might cause this.  (I do have a support case submitted with a similar question for the target URL provider)

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2024

Since you are doing external calls via the web request then the error would be coming from that external source, not from within Jira. There are limits, but those limits only applies when you make calls to the Jira API, not external APIs.

Ben Hart May 29, 2024

Thanks! I mean I had this feeling but I needed to ask to cover the bases.

It's still weird though, I can fire off the same call in Postman as quickly as I can click trying to mimic the speed in the automation rule and never encounter a 401.

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events