Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation: reporter is not a customer does not work

Peng Zhou March 15, 2022

Hi,

Customers can create a ticket by mail and I want to separate existing and new customers. I try to make this happen by automation.

image.png

When a new customer submits a ticket, the condition Reporter is not a customer does not match. But if I change it to Reporter is a customer then it does match. Does anyone know how to address the issue or have another solution?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2022

Hi @Peng Zhou , this is aduplicate post. I just responded there with important info that I hopes clear things up.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2022

Here is my response on other post...

The user here is a customer, whether they are new and have never opened an issue until now or they were existing, they are still a customer as far as the automation condition is concerned.

So now let's look at your true requirement. You are trying to identify new customers. And by new I assume you mean this is the first issue that they have created. Assuming this is your goal you may find this article useful - Using-Automation-to-Screen-New-Customer . In this article I talk about how do use automation to identify and flag new customers. Once you have them identified/flagged then you can use that condition in an automation role to take an action.

In conclusion I think you were originally thinking of the automation condition  "initiator is not a customer" incorrectly because in your use case the user is a customer. I hope this makes sense.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events