Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation for Jira Approval emails,how do i allow the change to be approved directly from the email

Jason Selby June 10, 2021

I have created a rule which sends an approval email to approvers, there is a link in the email which is {{issue.key}} . However when this link is clicked by the approver it takes the user through to an add-in rather than the change that needs to be approved, is it possible for a direct link to the change or for it to be approved in the mail?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jason Selby June 14, 2021

OK to get around my issue instead of the issue key i added - {{issue.url}} and this hyperlinks the request so it can be approved

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2021

What is the ad on? Can you share an example? It appears that somehow the add-on is intercepting the default key URL.

Test.JPG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2021

I have no clue what that is. However it appears that the add-on is upgrading at the moment odd indeed.

Like Jason Selby likes this

Any ideas on what I would need to put instead of the issue key to take the email recipient through to the change to approve?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2021

I believe that is correct I would need to test and verify.

Like Jason Selby likes this

If i remove the add-in (Jira Cloud for Outlook) the issue gets the hyperlink removed so you cant click on it

Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2021

Hey @Jason Selby

Highlighting an issue key in the email body is a feature of the official Jira Cloud for Outlook add-in developed by Atlassian. When you click on it, it shows a pop-up window with detailed info about that issue.

If you don't want this functionality, unfortunately, the only way to disable it is to uninstall Jira Cloud for Outlook add-in.

Regarding that error message about add-in being upgrading, it's a known bug in Outlook. To resolve it, you need to uninstall and install the add-in. You can read more about this in our blog post under the Known issues section.

Like # people like this

Thank you Vitalii. Any idea how i can hyperlink from the approval email to the change in JSM?

Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2021

Sorry, I don't know the answer to this. I'll let somebody else answer this one.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events