Automation Rules between Service Management -> Business Project -> Service Mgt

CHESTER RAMOS January 10, 2022

Hi All

Good day! I need your advise.
I am currently trying to figure out automatic transition rules between JIRA Service Management and JIRA Business Project.

Scenario:
We are currently in the UAT Phase of an "HR Service Management", in which employees can raise request such as "Request for Employee ID Replacement", "Salary Disputes"...etc

The JIRA Business Project Management will be utilized my HR Department (Mainly as a task tracker by several HR Assistants) and requestor do not have visibilities in JIRA PM.

As an example: 

Employees Involved
HR Manager - James
HR Assistance - Denise

Scenario :
Employee raises a request for ID via Service Management Portal.
James will be notified via email, review the request and approves.

Once the request has been approved by James (Request will be In Progress Status after approval), it will automatically be created in Business Project (I have succesfully created this rule (Auto notification and assignment to Denise) , see Automation Rule below)Rule1.JPG
Here is the Workflow for Employee ID Request. 

Workflow ID.JPG

Now , Denise will open up JIRA Business Project project work on the request. 
(No changes to the default business project statuses , To do, In progress and Done)
sss.JPG

Initially, what I have done is once "Denise changes the status to Done" in Business Project, James will be notified to close the ticket (via approval in "In Progress" Status" . But that defeats the intention of being fully automated.

Right now, what I am trying to establish is , once Denise changes the Status to "Done" in JIRA Business Project , I would like the initial raised ticket in JIRA Service Management to be tagged as "Done" or "Completed", therefore James intervention is no longer required (James does not need to go back to Service Management to perform the below screen cap) 

done.JPG

In other words 
If JIRA Business Project Status = Done
JIRA Service Management auto Transition to Done or Complete.

I have trial and error automation rules for this both "Local" and "Global Automation" but to no avail. 
I have also tried the following link ,
I am unsure if "In progress" status in JIRA Service Management is the road block to this. But I cannot remove "In progress" status in JIRA Service Management as requestor will want to know the status of their request.

Here is the last Global Automation Rule I tried before calling it a night (its 11PM in SEA). 
1111.JPG

Appreciate your inputs 

Thanks for the time

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events