Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation rule - transition status to Done

Vanessa Becker September 6, 2021

Hello Admins!

Quick question. I have automation setup between ServiceDesk where tickets are being created automatically in Software when I transition them to a certain status in Servicedesk as well as I have linked tickets set as well.

Question

1. How do i setup my rule on Software that if the ticket status is transitioned to Done that it changes to Done on Service Management as well? I dont want all statuses to update just the Done field.

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mathias Richter September 6, 2021

Hi Vanessa, 

the question I'm asking myself when reading this is if both projects are in the same Jira instance or if you have 2 different instances.

1. Same instance: You can handle the status in both projects by writing a multi-project automation rule and transition the linked ticket in Service Management to Done, triggered by the transition to Done in Software. You just need to apply the correct conditions to filter for the correct projects, etc.

2. Two instances: As far as I know, it requires other tools than automation, to trigger changes between two instances.

Edit: Upps, you're talking about Cloud, so it's the same instance I guess.

Mathias Richter September 6, 2021

Steps you've to follow if you're in the same instance is:

1. Go to the Global Settings of your Automation Rules to create a multi-project rule
  2. Create a new Rule
  3. In the Rule details include the involved projects
  4. Set the Trigger for a Transition to DONE
  5. Branch the rule for all Linked issues 
  6. Perform the transition to Done for the resulting linked issues

You can apply more filters for the correct link types or other attributes etc. in addition by applying additional conditions. The following screenshot (Automation_Done_1) shows the simplest Automation path.

Automation_Done_1.png

The Branch needs to look similar to this:
Automation_Done_2.png

Is that what you were looking for? :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events